Shear Zones on the Mon Property
The Yellowknife Greenstone Belt contains numerous Shear Zone-hosted gold deposits:
- Giant Yellowknife Gold Mine - past production 8 million oz Au
- Con Gold Mine - past production 6 million oz Au
- Negus – Rycon Gold Mines - past production 0.9 million oz Au
- Crestaurum Mine – part of Gold Terra resource
The Mon Property contains gold-bearing Shear Zones (multiple structures, some mineralized over 2 km), some of which have minor exposures.
- Over 95% of the shear zones are not exposed, underlying lakes and swamps.
- Trench results show potentially economic grades over potentially minable widths, including:
7.22 gpt gold over 6.0 m
2.79 gpt gold over 5.3 m
2.89 gpt gold over 0.7 m
2.23 gpt gold over 3.9 m
1.29 gpt gold over 2.6 m, and
3.42 gpt gold over 2.4 m.